Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Things Every College Student Needs

I decided to make a list of things I personally think every college student should have (that aren't mentioned on the endless "college essentials" checklists they have at every store during the summer).
1. Sufficient stash of candy and snacks- You're not going to be able to just last on the meals provided in the dining hall during dining hours. You clearly need snacks and/or candy. You should keep a good-sized supply of various things, because you don't want to be that person who always mooches off of everyone without ever having anything to offer in return. Plus, having extra is always a great way to make friends in the dorm (not in a creepy "get in, I have candy" way).
2. Play-Doh- Currently, I have 4 canisters of Play-Doh that I keep on my desk. It's a great stress reliever (let's face it, college produces stress) and a lot of people that come in my room like playing with it.
3. Slinky- Something else I keep on my desk that, not only is great for decoration, also works as a great stress reliever. Personally, I can focus better if I'm playing with something like a slinky, so it helps me get my work done.
4. Coloring books and crayons/colored pencils- I have 3 jumbo coloring books, a 64-pack of crayons, and 2 packs of 24-count colored pencils. Again, this just works as a great stress reliever, especially when you need a break from studying or doing homework. I also have been coloring pictures and putting them with cards I send to my friends from high school just as an added personal touch. 
5. Ed Sheeran CD- Personally, I think Ed Sheeran is extremely underrated and deserves much more attention than he gets. I think his music is so relaxing to listen to, and he's one of the few artists I can have playing while doing homework without getting too distracted, but still enjoying what I'm listening to.
6. Door decorations/sign- Every room should have a decorated door or a door sign. I'm planning on decorating my door for Christmas, but right now it bears a sign that looks like a caution sign and says "Proceed With Candy". Obviously, since I love candy, this sign fits me perfectly. They normally have a wide variety of signs like that at Target in the dollar section. And you can always make your own door decorations, which I plan on doing soon. This helps to make your personalization even more unique.
7.
Whatever the heck this thing is- So, I don't exactly know what these are called, but I do know that they are absolutely addicting to play with. Just another thing you can use to reduce stress, and something else that keeps me focused. This is the first thing my friends pick up whenever they're in my room, and they don't put it down for like an hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment