Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Personalizing Dorm Space



Even though you can buy posters, making or designing what you put on your wall space can help make your dorm more personal. Don't get me wrong, I love the posters I have in my dorm, but I also wanted to add some personalized touches aside from the crafts I previously posted. These aren't exactly crafts and they are super easy because all you need is a printer, scissors, and sticky tack. Print off a bunch of pictures in various sizes and stick-tack them to any surface in your dorm. I obviously used pictures of One Direction and I chose to put them on my boring cabinet doors above my closet. Even though it's only a small part of my room, I think it adds a lot to it. You can kind of see my roommate's plain doors, which would be the "before". I also made a smaller collage of my favorite Emblem3 member, Wesley, on the wall near my bed.
Another way you can add a personal touch to your dorm walls is by putting your favorite song lyrics on your wall. Just choose a lyric, font, and size and then print and hang. I chose an Emblem3 song lyric but I am also going to choose 2 different One Direction lyrics and put them on empty spots I have on my walls, I just haven't chosen which lyrics yet. So, just like any project, pick something you like and incorporate it into your room to help give it a personal touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment