Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New Albany Classic :)

So, last Sunday (the 22nd) I had the wonderful opportunity to volunteer at the New Albany Classic Invitational Grand Prix & Family Day, a fundraiser for the Center of Family Safety and Healing. I've attended the event several times in the past, mainly for the Tween Brands concert. Earlier this year, I won VIP tickets and meet & greet passes for the concert, which included Ariana Grande and Emblem3, one of my favorite music groups (next to One Direction, of course). Even though I absolutely LOVE Emblem3, I chose to give the passes to an 8th grade girl who used to go to the same school as me. She is completely obsessed with Ariana Grande. Almost every post of hers on every social media website has to do with Ariana Grande. I had already decided I wanted to volunteer at the event this year before I won the tickets, so I honestly believe that God gave me those tickets to give to that girl. She kept thanking me and telling me that it was one of the best days of her life. That made me feel so good, and I felt even better having volunteered at such an amazing event. Plus, even though I didn't get to meet Emblem3, I did get to see them in close proximity at least 3 or 4 times more than the people with VIP passes did and I got to take a break from volunteering long enough to watch their whole performance. I also got to spend the whole day with my one of my best friends and one of my sisters, which I wouldn't have been able to do had I kept the passes. Not only would I have had to choose only one person to take with me, but I would have caused a lot of arguing between my friend and two sisters over who would get the pass. So, in the long run, I found it to be much more rewarding to volunteer at an event that benefits others than to keep my VIP passes to meet one of my favorite bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment