Monday, January 27, 2014

Struggles of an Emblem

Some of you may know that I have an obsession with certain boy bands, particularly One Direction. Well, my second favorite group is Emblem3 (Emblems are their fan base name). I've already seen them in concert once, back in September when I volunteered at the New Albany Classic. Their next tour, the #BandLife tour, kicks off in about a little less than two weeks. Unfortunately, the tour is not coming to Ohio. Normally, I would be okay with driving three hours to Indianapolis to see them, especially since I'm driving more than twice that to see One Direction in Nashville later this year. The concert, which is general admission standing, is at 7pm on a Sunday, which means we'll have plenty of time to get there and wait to get a good spot in relation to the stage. And the ticket prices just got lowered from $35 to $27.75 when you buy them in increments of four. The only problem with this is that I have to get up at 8:30 for class the following morning. Assuming the concert goes until 11, we probably wouldn't be able to get out of the venue until at least 11:30, then it would take 3 hours to drive back to Columbus to drop off my friend(s) and/or sister (dropping them off would probably take at least 15 minutes, setting us at 2:45). Then, I would have to drive another hour back to campus, meaning that I would get there at 3:45, assuming that the entire trip goes smoothly and the concert finishes by 11. By the time I get inside the dorm and shower, I wouldn't be going to bed until after 4am. Therefore, I'd only be getting a little over four hours of sleep before I have to get up and sit through classes the next morning. And I'd be spending around $60 in gas for the whole trip, unless I make the other people I take chip in. I keep debating with myself over whether or not it's worth it, especially since my step-dad told me a couple months ago that I need to go to as many concerts and stuff like that as I can while I'm still young and have the time and energy to go. I just still can't decide if it's worth it or not. Through this whole thing, I've discovered that one of the hardest things about being an adult is having to make your own choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment