Friday, January 10, 2014

DIY Scrabble Names Frame

Here's another DIY project I made as a Christmas gift. I took Scrabble tiles and put my cousins, siblings, and my name together in a frame to give to my grandma. This is another really simple project. You need glue, a picture frame (make sure it's deep enough to fit the tiles inside), 1 piece of scrapbook paper, scissors, and Scrabble tiles (I got a full set of tiles from Amazon for around $6).
Step 1: Take the back off of the frame and put glue around the perimeter of it. Lay the scrapbook paper on top of it and press it until the glue starts to dry. Then, flip the back of the frame over and trim the excess paper from around the edges.
Step 2: Lay the tiles out on top of the back of the frame, making sure that your design will fit. Once you have them put where you want them, carefully put glue on the back of each tile until you have glued all the pieces down. Let it dry, then attach the front of the frame to the back.

Finished Product (it looks kind of lumpy, but when it dried completely, it flattened out)

No comments:

Post a Comment