Thursday, January 9, 2014

SNOW DAYS!

I arrived back on campus early Sunday evening (I had a mandatory radio meeting at 7, so I had to be back before that) and had to pretty much move completely back into my dorm (I took a lot of stuff home for break). I was kind of sad to come back to campus, only because returning meant that I had to get up at 7 am every morning for my class at 8 am that is 2 hours and 10 minutes long (gross, right?), but I was excited to get to see all my friends again. And not have to sleep on my sister's floor... Early Monday morning, I awoke to find an email saying that classes had been cancelled that day due to the fact that it was -10000 degrees (slight exaggeration). It was a pleasant surprise that I could sleep in, but it was also kind of boring not really having anything to do all day. Around noon, another email came saying classes were also cancelled for Tuesday, so some of my friends made the decision to stay up all night (that didn't end up happening- everyone was in bed by 3-3:30). We were also told about a "Pancake Palooza" that would be taking place Tuesday morning in our dorm hall. The amount of pancakes was quite disappointing for an event with such a name. Throughout the 2 snow days, I colored 50 pages in one of the coloring books I got for Christmas, leaving only 46 pages uncolored (one of my bucket list items is to finish an entire coloring book). I also decided I wanted to learn how to break dance and looked up a YouTube tutorial. After watching the video multiple times, I finally mastered the one move it explained (that sounds even more pathetic when it's typed out). Other than that, we all pretty much just sat around doing nothing all day, which is what it seems like is going to happen all month, since we all only have 1 or 2 classes in J-term. I finally made an account on Vine though, so hopefully that will keep me somewhat entertained.
Also, yesterday I had my first ever on-air radio shift. I was crazy nervous, but it ended up going pretty well. I have to do multiple shifts a week (including 3-hour long weekend ones), so hopefully the rest also go well. Overall, it's been a good last couple of days, although I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that snow days in college are super boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment