Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween Throwbacks

Since there are only a couple of days left until Halloween, I thought I would post about some of my past Halloween experiences.

My worst Halloween experience was, by far, when my dad took me to the Haunted Hoochie, one of the most horrifying haunted exhibits, at the tender age of seven. I won't go into the whole story since I posted it last year, so if you want to read about the most traumatic experience of my entire life, click here. Trust me, you definitely won't regret it.

Aside from that one terrible story, I have a lot of positive Halloween memories. Picking a costume was always my favorite part of Halloween, and I had a lot of awesome costumes when I was younger that I absolutely loved. My two absolute favorites have to be my 101 Dalmatians costume and my Dorothy costume, which my mother actually made because she's just that awesome. I loved the Dorothy costume so much that I wore it for various Halloween parties for almost three years. I was also Snow White one year, and that's near the top of the list because I looked quite adorable. Also, my cousin looks really cute in that honey pot costume.

When it came time to for me to decide on my costume when I was in fifth grade, I decided I wanted to be a little creative. After hours of brainstorming, I finally decided that I wanted to go as dogs playing poker, like in the famous painting. Yeah, I was (and still am) pretty strange... So my mother and I made my costume and I ended up getting tons of compliments on how creative and funny it was.



Growing up, I had some pretty great Halloween costumes that I loved, making for a lot of awesome memories. I feel like my favorite pictures of myself when I was a child are when I'm in Halloween costumes because I still love all the different costumes I had.

Also, I'd just like to point out how cool my mother's glasses are in that top picture :)




No comments:

Post a Comment