Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekend Adventures

It's a pretty busy time of the semester right now. I have four papers due within the next week (three of which I haven't started, and one of those has to be six-eight pages) and am quickly approaching the due date for a documentary that I don't even have a finalized idea for yet. Plus, I have two jobs and several other commitments this week to balance on top of all that schoolwork. Needless to say, this is going to be a pretty hectic week.

That's where weekends come in. This weekend, I had an immense amount of fun hanging out with some of my friends that I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with lately. Friday, it was one of our friends' birthdays, so we all went out to eat and had a swell time and lots of queso. 

Saturday, one of my friends and I started out our wild night by going to the craft store, Lowe's, Walmart, Tim Horton's, and the Red Box inside Kroger. After eating donuts and watching That Awkward Moment with another one of our friends, it was only 10 p.m. and we thought our night was ending. Then, a couple of our other friends came over and convinced us to go walk around Kenyon, another college campus about ten minutes away from ours. We ended up exploring the art gallery and the cemetery, which some of us decided was haunted. Also, our group had dwindled to half the size by Saturday night, because some of our friends aren't cool enough to go play in a cemetery at 11 p.m..  

All in all, it was a great weekend that included lots of food, friends, laughter, and memories, and I definitely feel prepared to face the week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment