Sunday, May 18, 2014

One Year Down, Three To Go

I'm officially done with my freshman year of college! It's crazy to think that this past year has gone by so quickly, which only means the next three are going to go by even faster. Move-out day was two days ago and it was bittersweet. For my first couple days at MVNU, I thought about transferring probably a hundred times. I didn't know a single person on campus, and I normally have to wait a few days to feel accepted by a group before I can comfortably become my crazy, outgoing self. And all of my friends could verify that statement. But once I started making friends, I knew I was supposed to be there.
This past year was so much fun and I am so thankful for all the friends and memories I've made so far. I've probably definitely eaten way more Taco Bell in the past 8 months than I have in my entire life. I've gone on so many late-night spontaneous trips to random places, with random people. My friends helped me campaign for class council (which included us making two awesome campaign videos) and then helped me celebrate my triumphant victory (the only way we know how to celebrate-with Taco Bell). I got to serve on class council as the Freshman Events Director and plan some sweet events for my class, including one where I got to run a non-alcoholic bar. I've laughed more this past year than I ever have, at things that I'll remember for a really long time. I've had some of the most awkward experiences with some of the most awkward people. One of my friends and I were cast members for the spring Friday Night Live (they obviously only let the funniest people in). I've done some of the weirdest and most random stuff, from hiding in the strangest places to filling a pool full of bean bag filling.
I've stayed up countless times having deep discussions with my friends in the laundry room. I've had some of the strangest conversations that don't even make sense with people who understood exactly what I was trying to say. I've wasted so much time doing nothing, but I've done it with some of the coolest people. I've ran around in circles for half an hour being crazy with my friends. I've started traditions with my friends that we'll hopefully continue the next three years. I've eaten soooooo much junk food and fast food, I'm surprised I'm not overweight. I've climbed onto the roof with one of my friends and just stargazed and talked. I got to be a part of the campus radio station (which is also where I'll be working this summer), which has already had a huge impact on me after only having been a part of it this past semester. I've made so many friends who I've gotten extremely close to in such a short period of time, and I've really enjoyed watching our friendships grow and I can't wait to see what God does in those relationships during my next three years at MVNU.
While I am excited to have three months of not doing schoolwork, I'm going to miss all of my friends. A lot. Luckily, some of us all live within 15 minutes of each other, so we'll hopefully get to hang out this summer. And even more luckily, one of my best friends and I are working together at the campus radio station this summer a few days a week, which means we'll have about an hour and a half of bonding time in the car every day that we work.
I've had such an amazing first year at college and I am so thankful for all the friends and memories I've made so far, and I can't wait for the new ones I make in the next three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment