Monday, November 25, 2013

Almost Thanksgiving Break!

Sorry I haven't blogged in such a long time, things have been crazy busy around here. I've had so many tests, papers, and activities, but that's only because it's almost the end of the semester! Thanksgiving break "officially" starts tomorrow after classes, but mine is starting tonight as soon as I get out of honors seminar at 8:30 (gross). I may or may not be skipping my only class tomorrow (honors) so I can go home a day early... Anyway, I'm so excited to finally have a break. This is only going to be the second time I've stayed off campus overnight (the only other time was fall break). There are so many things happening over break that I'm so excited for: I get to go out to eat twice for my birthday (it was last Wednesday), obviously Thanksgiving, Black Friday (I'm seriously so excited for Black Friday, even though it's more like Black Thursday at this point, which is pretty ridiculous), I'll get to go to my church for the first time since August, I get to see some of my friends, and when I get back to campus after break, I'll be bringing a free foosball table for my room with me. And the whole way home tonight, I get to listen to the new One Direction CD, Midnight Memories, that released today and is absolutely perfect! Words cannot describe how happy I am that this CD is out. We went to WalMart to get it as soon as we could this morning (we went at midnight, but they didn't have it yet). This past Saturday was 1D Day, where One Direction did a seven and a half hour livestrean, yesterday they performed on the AMAs (and won 2 awards), tomorrow they're making their GMA debut and announcing "some exciting news for U.S. fans", which I predict will be their U.S. leg of their 2014 tour, and December 7th they'll be performing on SNL. So, I'm kind of on One Direction overload right now, which is possibly making me go a bit crazy...
After break, we only have one week of classes and then finals week before Christmas break, which is exciting, as well as extremely overwhelming. I still have to write a final film paper, write an honors seminar paper (due the day after Thanksgiving break), watch and write reaction papers on 18 movies, write an essay for discipleship, record 6 practice radio shifts, get 8 radio mentor hours, and on top of all that I have to study for finals. So the next couple weeks are going to be pretty hectic. Hopefully, I can get some of it done during break, but still have plenty of time to relax. I only have an hour and a half left of seminar until I'm free until next Monday! I'll try and post about break when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment