Sunday, November 10, 2013

Weekend Adventures

This weekend has been kind of eventful, or at least what a freshman at a Nazarene university might find eventful. Friday night, while everyone was at the homecoming basketball game, one of my friends and I decided we would stay back at the dorms and watch a movie for our film class instead. We have to watch 25 films by the end of the semester and write a one-page paper on each one, and I had only watched four and a half before yesterday, so it was kind of necessary. We went to Family Video (we partied to the Jonas Brothers in the car) to get a movie from our list, and definitely were there for twice as long as we had intended. And we didn't even leave with the movies we planned on getting. Then we came back and instead of starting a movie, we spent 40 minutes recording a YouTube video. Most of it was of us playing this really fun game we invented (don't judge) where we take turns playing the beat of a song by moving our hand around in a box of pretzels and the other person has to guess which song it is. Yeah, we're just that cool... Then, we made a spur of the moment decision to go get a Little Caesar's pizza (this time, we jammed out to Ed Sheeran). When we got back with our pizza, we finally started our movie, Annie Hall, in the lobby. This started out as a good idea, because almost everyone else was still at the basketball game. Unfortunately, about halfway through, a bunch of loud people invaded the lobby and we were asked at least 20 times what movie we were watching. Eventually, we finished the movie and had to go to bed at midnight because we volunteered to get up at 7am on a Saturday to get mentor hours for our radio class. We had to help watch kids for 2 or 3 hours and it ended up not being as bad as we had planned.
Later that day, I went with some of my other friends to Newark to watch one of them get a tattoo and the others get piercings. I was going to get a tattoo, but my mother refused to pay for my car insurance if I got one, so I made the smart decision to not get one. The place was kind of sketchy, but not too bad. Mostly, I just went along because there was a Target (my favorite store) within 10 minutes of the tattoo place and I was promised that we would go. Thankfully, we did. It was absolutely fantastic. Seriously, you don't understand my love for Target. We got back to campus shortly after 8pm, but it felt like it was at least midnight. Then my friends who I had hung out with Friday, suggested that we, along with another one of our friends, go to Kenyon, which is an extremely nice, extremely expensive, college located about 10 minuted from ours. It was cool, yet also creepy because it's a secluded campus where all the buildings look like old castles and it was really dark and sketchy. Overall, it's been a pretty interesting weekend thus far. Unfortunately, I have to spend the last day of it doing homework that I've been dreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment