Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Embarrassing Moments From My Freshman Year: Part 2

I'm a very awkward person which results in a lot of embarrassing moments. I've compiled a list of a bunch of embarrassing moments from my freshman year of college and am breaking them up into multiple posts because of just how many there are. Since I haven't posted in a while, I thought I would enlighten you with a couple more of my embarrassing moments. 

Early in spring semester, we had a little party/adventure with our small group leaders. It had been snowing on and off for weeks, so the ground was extremely icy. When we got back to campus, we were all getting out of the car and one of our leaders said "be careful, it's really icy". As soon as the words had come out of her mouth, I found myself falling straight down onto the cold ground. And it wasn't just like a little trip. I flew toward the ground. Luckily, the worst that happened was I got a little muddy and we were all able to laugh it off (after the moment of silence directly after I fell when they all thought I was dead). Also, it was late at night, so there weren't a lot of people outside to watch it, so nobody really knew about it except our group. And all the people who saw the various tweets from my friends about it.

Towards the end of the year, one of my friends and I were passing out flyers for the radio station when we decided to take a little break and look at our school's art gallery downtown. There was a display that involved a little glass enclosure sitting on top of a tree stump. When we looked closer, we discovered that inside the container were a bunch of wings from dead butterflies, accompanied by a few living butterflies. Something I should mention is that I'm scared of butterflies. Like, deathly afraid of butterflies (don't ask, I don't know why). I was maintaining my composure, I just kept thinking "it's all good, they're contained, they can't attack me from inside that box". All of a sudden, something flew in between my friend and I. It was really strange because it moved so quickly, it was like a shadow that resembled a butterfly. Regardless, it was TERRIFYING. We both screamed and ran out of the room, and the receptionists we're just sitting there, cracking up at our fear. Still terrified, we awkwardly left the building as quickly as we could. The receptionists we're still laughing.

There's a lot more where those came from, so I'll be sure to post more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment