Sunday, September 28, 2014

DIY Prayer Board


I can't believe it's been a month and a half since I last posted. I've been super busy with work, school, and catching up with friends since starting my sophomore year at MVNU. Now that I've gotten myself into a schedule, I finally have found the time to start posting again. 
This year, I'm living in an on-campus apartment with 5 other girls instead of a dorm (moving on up in the world) and while thinking of ways to decorate, I decided to make a prayer board for our living room. It was super easy, and if you want to make one, just follow the steps below. You'll need a picture frame (I found mine at a yard sale for $1), spray paint, string, glue, and clothespins.
1)Spray paint the picture frame. I cleaned the frame off before painting it since I got it from a yard sale, so you might want to do that as well.
2)After the paint dries, cut the string in strips about an inch and a half longer than the open part of the frame. Then, glue the string to the back of the frame. 
3)For the letters, you can use pretty much anything you want. I took some paint samples from WalMart and just used a stencil and a Sharpie. Then, just clothespin the letters to the top rope and you have an awesome prayer board.

No comments:

Post a Comment